The Soft Luster of Russian Serpentine is Beautiful! (GRN-010)
Miriam’s Russian Serpentine and Sterling Silver Necklace is a unique and fashionable accessory for any occasion. Wear it with a suit, slacks or jeans, day or evening! The gorgeous Pendant stone captures all the characteristics of Russian Serpentine, with its varied green colorations and striking black matrix. In the sunlight, these lovely stones have a metallic-like sheen, with small flashes of natural iridescence. The exotic Sterling Silver accents around the pendant add the perfect touch!
- Full length of the necklace is 20.75 inches, including the textured Sterling Silver clasp.
- Teardrop Pendant is 54mm x 35mm.
- Puffed and faceted oval stones are 27mm x 12mm, and approximately 6.5mm thick at their centers.
- Round Russian Serpentine stones are 6mm.
- The exquisite carved Sterling Silver beads around the pendant are 11.5 x 9mm in diameter, and the necklaces is accented with 2.5mm Sterling Silver rounds.
- The necklace is strung on a strong but flexible 0.019, 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
Bracelet and matching earrings are available by special order only.
Russian Serpentine is found in the Ural Mountains of Russia. Its dark-to-light, olive green colorations, and interesting black spotted and veined matrix is the basis of the name, which comes from the Latin serpentinus, meaning "serpent rock." In the sunlight, these lovely stones have a metallic-like sheen, with small flashes of natural iridescence. Serpentine is not known to be treated or enhanced in any way, but is generally polished to show off its beautiful natural characteristics and luster, which may be vitreous or silky.