Exceptional Bronzite Necklace with Amazing Bronze Beads (EAR-029)
This stunning Bronzite Necklace is a rich chocolate brown with metallic areas that feature a distinct golden-bronze shimmering quality. It is an exceptional example of natural Bronzite at its best—and a stunning necklace that is stylish, timeless, and radiant. Miriam used stones from her Private Collection. She chose freeform twisted Bronze beads as accents that are handwrought – each one slightly different in its glowing twists and turns. She photographed the finished jewelry in very bright Arizona sunlight to show the full chatoyancy (shimmer and glow) of each stone, and the fine patina of the Bronze. The handwrought lush Bronze clasp was chosen to complement the Bronze beads.
- Full length of the necklace including the clasp is 21 inches.
- The solid oval Bronzite stones are 30x21mm and approximately 7-8mm in thickness.
- Bronze “Twist” beads are approximately 25x16mm.
- Hand-rolled brass seed beads separate each stone and bead.
- The highly textured Bronze clasp (and the Twist beads) are Old World Bronze™, designed and handwrought by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. All the Bronze beads Miriam uses are solid bronze--not bronze plated.
BRONZITE is a mineral that contains iron and magnesium. Gemologists refer to the shimmering quality of this stone as chatoyancy - an optical reflectance that looks like a silky sheen. Technically, chatoyancy comes either from the fibrous structure of the material or from fibrous inclusions or cavities within the stone. Bronzite deposits are found in Burma, Brazil, Kenya, India, Mexico, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Tanzania and the United States.