Flaming Red Australian Picture Jasper Necklace (RED-017)
Australian Picture Jasper naturally features interesting ribbons and splashes of terracotta, red, teal, peach, black, and shades of brown. The gorgeous stones in this necklace were selected by Miriam because of the predominance of their lush natural red color--they reminded her of a blazing sunset. Miriam chose beautifully textured bronze disks from Old World Bronze(TM), which were handwrought by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. Utilizing their carefully developed bronze formula, and age-old wax casting method, each bronze bead is artistically designed and handcrafted. The “peppercorn” intricately carved round beads were designed and handcrafted by Anna Chernykh of ANNA Bronze. Anna lives and works in Kungur, a small town in the Ural Mountain area of Russia. She also uses an old wax casting method. The shiny round disk accents are solid brass from India--not brass-coated metal.
- Full length of the necklace is 18.5 inches, including the Clasp and connectors.
- Stunning Red Picture Jasper oval stones are 25x35mm and 8mm in depth.
- The four textured Bronze disks are approximately 12mm in diameter and 5mm in depth.
- The connectors and textured S-shaped clasp are also Old World BronzeTM.
- The six round “peppercorn” beads are approximately 6mm.
- Matching earrings are available by Custom Order, and only with the one-of-a-kind necklace.