Treasures from the Sea~Gemstone Beaded Pewter Bookmarkers (PBGem-Sea)
An elusive, mythical MERMAID gracefully splashes into the ocean and leaps over the waves with a playful DOLPHIN. They watch as a mysterious SEA DRAGON bends over the spine of a book, boldly reminding the reader where to begin a new chapter. Accent beads may be pewter, silver-plated or metallic silver-coated metal over acrylic or plastic.
- Left: Mythical Mermaid is shown in Natural Green Aventurine.
- Center: Mysterious Sea Dragon is Carnelian and Orange Sodalite.
- Right: Playful Dolphin is Blue Dumortierite.
Because of the varying nature of natural gemstones, the beaded design may vary with each product. If you would prefer a different color, please let Miriam know in the text box. Other colors and natural stones currently available are: Dark or Light Greens (solid colors): Aventurine, Olive Jade, Green Jade, Imperial Jasper
- Golden Yellows & Browns: Light And Deep Yellow Jade, Flower Jade (varies from very, very pale yellow to a light variegated brown, Golden Brown Tigers Eye (may be mixed with Bronzite and Iron Zebra)
- Dark and Light Blue: Dumortierite, Sodalite (blue mixed with white), "Orange Sodalite" (blue mixed with red-orange)
- Gray: Silver Crazy Lace Agate with Gray Labradorite
- Orange & Deep Red: Carnelian with Aventurine (peachy-orange), Mexican Red (red-orange) Snowflake Jasper (has a black & reddish brown patterning), Red Creek Jasper (mix of reddish brown, golden brown & black), Red Porcelain Jasper (mix of reddish brown, cream, gray, and mauve colortones)
- Pinks, Mauves & Peaches: Rhodonite (deep pink to peachy pink), Rose Quartz, Imperial Jasper, Rose & Light Pink Quartz
- Black: Black Onyx (may be solid or include white streaking), Black Onyx mixed with silver pyrite stones, Black mixed with Outback Jasper (includes brown, gray and cream colortones), and Black mixed with Birdseye Jasper (includes varying neutral colors)
Miriam’s Bookmarkers are hand-wrought pewter and generously carved on both sides to be reversible. All bookmarkers measure approximately 6 inches in length from the top of the curve to the end of the handle. The string of artfully designed beads, ranging from 1.5 to 2.5 inches, is designed to drape gracefully over the spine of any size book (hardcover or paperback). While the same beads and colors may be used in more than one item, unless specifically noted, Miriam arranges the beads in a unique combination for each bookmark. Pewter contains lead and is not recommended for use by children. All products are packaged in a gift box, with a polishing cloth for the pewter, and a description of the gemstones used.