Unique Gemstone Torah Pointers (STAR-004)
Miriam’s elegant Gemstone Torah Pointers are elegantly carved with a Jerusalem design in silvertoned metal. The semiprecious gemstones are genuine, so each stone has a unique patterning of natural colorations.This is typical of semiprecious gemstones. Some are faceted, others have a smooth finish. Available with or without the Star of David, and with a chain or tassel. The Yads measure 9.5 inches. These thoughtful, useful and unique gifts are perfect for Bar or Bat Mitzvahs, graduations – or any special occasions. Miriam’s Torah Pointers also make wonderful gifts for charity donors or special event raffles and benefits! Matching pens, letter openers, magnifying glasses, and touchpad styli are available.
Shown in the photos are four of the many gemstones available: Silver-Gray Crazy Lace Agate, Golden Brown Tiger's Eye, Sunset Blue Dumortierite, and Black Sardonyx (with white streak accents). A variety of other stones and colors, and color combinations are available, including various shades of multicolored browns, blacks and grays, red-orange, orange with blue, orange with black, dark and light blues, dark and light greens, golden yellows. If you have a stone preference, please let us know in the comment section of our order. Arrangement of the gemstones may vary, depending on their size and shape. First, please choose your colortone in the dropdown menu; then please indicate "yes" or "no" to include Star of David (Option 2, and indicate if you prefer a tassel or a chain (Option 3).
Unless specified as solid, most natural gemstones are mixes of shades and variegated colors as noted. We have done our best to describe the colortones of each stone. If you have a stone preference, simply choose the colortone grouping, and let us know your stone preference in the comment section when you place your order.
- Dark or Light Greens (solid colors)— Aventurine, Olive jade, Green jade
- Golden Yellows--Light and deep yellow jade, Flower jade (varies from very, very pale yellow to a light variegated brown), Golden Brown Tigers Eye (may be mixed with Bronzite and Iron Zebra)
- Dark and Light Blue— Dumortierite, Sodalite (blue mixed with white), "Orange Sodalite" (blue mixed with red-orange)
- Gray--Silver crazy lace agate with gray labradorite
- Orange--Carnelian with Aventurine (peachy-orange); both are solid colors with some shading,
- Mexican Red (red-orange), Snowflake Jasper (has a black and reddish brown patterning), Red Creek Jasper (which is a mix of reddish brown, golden brown, black), Red Porcelain Jasper, (which is a mix of reddish brown, cream, gray, and mauve colortones.)
- Black--Black Onyx with includes solid black and black with white streaking,Black Onyx mixed with silver pyrite stones,Black mixed with Outback Jasper includes brown, gray and cream colortones,Black mixed with Birdseye Jasper which has brown, reddish brown and beige
What is a “Yad” or “Torah Pointer?” For those who are not familiar with this product, The Torah is a handwritten scroll of the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, or the Five Books of Moses. The word “Torah” is Hebrew for "teaching," "instruction," or "law." Throughout history, people also have used the word Torah in a wider sense, to refer to the entire spectrum of authoritative Jewish religious teachings. Torah Pointers (or “Yads”) are plain or decorative tools with a carved hand at one end showing the index finger extended. The opposite end usually has an ornate object, a chain, or a colorful cord that can be used as a decoration – or to attach the Torah Pointer to the scroll. Torah Pointers help the reader keep his or her place on the scroll.