Australian Green and Brown "Boulder" Chrysoprase Necklace for Men and Women (GRN-031)
The exotic combination of opaque and translucent apple and blue-greens, combined with the “boulder-brown” colorations of natural Australian Chrysoprase nuggets, inspired Miriam to create a necklace depicting the rugged life of the early cattle farmers and miners of the Australian Outback. These amazing Boulder Chrysoprase stones are most notably found in the Western Australian Outback areas of Yerilla, Marshall Pool, and Goongarrie. The Bronze beads and clasp, and Brass beads Miriam selected add a lovely rustic and antique expression to this one-of-a-kind necklace. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece. Miriam used Old World Bronze™ beads that are handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Full length of the necklace is 20 inches, including the Bronze clasp.
- The natural Chrysoprase Chunky Nuggets are lightly tumbled into smooth rocks that include opaque and translucent areas - ranging from 15-20mm.
- The rough-cut slices of natural Green and Boulder Chrysoprase are also a combination of opaque and translucent stones - measuring approximately 12x5mm.
- Three handwrought double-square Bronze "beaded" beads are 8x11mm, and have artistically created round beaded edges.
- Wavy solid Brass heishe beads from India add an additional touch to the design.
- The clasp and connectors are also handwrought Old World Bronze(TM).
- The necklace is strung on a strong but flexible 0.019, 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
- Bracelet and Earrings available by Custom Order and only to accompany this one-of-kind necklace.