Citron Chrysoprase and Bronze Necklace is Simply Elegant (YEL-028)
The versatile and elegant design of this necklace, and the natural Chartreuse (Yellow-Green) coloration of the stones, show the very best features of Citron Chrysoprase. The stones are gently faceted and have a porcelain or marble like finish that is smooth and mellow to the touch. The close-up photos show the milky translucent features of each stone. This is a wardrobe friendly necklace that can be worn anywhere, day or evening, and any season.
- Full length of the necklace is 21.5 inches, including the Bronze clasp.
- Stones are gently facted into oval-shaped beads, approximately 41x21mm and 9mm deep.
- The 11 scalloped handwrought Bronze discs 8x3mm.
- The Brass round discs are 6mm.
- The clasp is also handwrought Bronze.
- The necklace is strung on a strong but flexible 0.019, 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
About the stones: Lemon or Citron Chrysoprase is not a true Chrysoprase. It is Nickeleon Magnesite—a Yellow-Green nickel-rich variety of Magnesite that forms in the core of natural Green Chrysoprase masses. The yellow-green (chartreuse) coloration of the stones is also natural, and probably better-named "Lemon Magnesite" or "Citron Magnesite." Still, in the trade, they are commonly called Citron, Lemon, or Yellow Chrysoprase. Tumbled and polished, they have a fine porcelain or marble like finish. In Western Australia most magnesite is white, however in certain locations the presence of nickel mineralization is responsible for the lovely yellow-green color found in Citron Chrysoprase. It occurs in many of the same locations as Green and “Bolder” Chrysoprase, most notably Yerilla, Marshall Pool and Goongarrie as well numerous other places.