The Elegance of Seraphinite Never Goes Out of Style~and Neither Will this incredible Pendant-Necklace Combination (GRN-019)
This exceptionally fine Seraphinite Pendant is a naturally occurring rich deep forest green with an amazing chatoyancy (pearly white glow), which results from a mica component to the stone. The Necklace is composed of African Green Jasper rondelles and accented with elegantly textured Sterling Silver.Miriam chose the swirling Sterling Silver clasp to compliment the flaming swirls of the Seraphinite. The name Seraphinite is derived from the Latin word "seraphim" referring to angels. The allusion to angels is because of the feathery wing-like patterns made by the Silvery-white Mica contained within the stone.
- Necklace length is 23 inches.
- Seraphinite Pendant measures approximately 45mm (1.75 in) x 35mm (1.25), and is pillowed at 11mm in the center.
- African Jade Rondelles are 8mm in diameter.
- Two Hammered and antiqued Sterling Silver barrels are 15mm x 10mm
- Two Sterling Silver swirling Rondelles are 9mm.
- Spacers are Bali Silver, and there are two 6mm beads near the clasp.
- There are two Fine Hill Tribes Silver beads, also near the clasp.
- Clasp is Sterling Silver.
More About Seraphinite: Seraphinite (Serafina or Clinochlore) is a natural deep forest green to green-black with inclusions of Silvery Mica. The Mica inclusions have a beautiful pearly-white chatoyancy, much like Charoite. The stone is a member of the Chlorite Group of minerals ("Chloros” meaning green). It is mined in eastern Siberia, Russia, near Bratsk and Lake Baikal. About Hill Tribes Fine Silver: These incredible beads are created completely by hand in the remote mountain areas of Thailand, using a centuries old method, with the distinctive styling of the Hill Tribes. Fine silver has a purity of 95-99%, higher than 92.5% sterling silver. The silver is softer than sterling, the color is whiter, and it does not tarnish as readily as sterling silver.