An Extraordinary Picture Jasper Stone is the Focal Point of this Unique Necklace (EAR-018)
The amazing barrel-shaped Picture Jasper focal stone of this necklace creates a naturally beautiful mountain landscape in brown, tan and cream in a variety of patterns, depending which part of the stone is visible--and all the stones may be rotated. The focal stone is surrounded by rectangular and rondelle Picture Jasper stones, Bali and Sterling Silver beads, and exotic Handmade African Brass beads in a basket-weave design. The Brass beads were created using a lost art wax casting process—so each bead is slightly different.
- Necklace length is 19.5 inches.
- Natural Picture Jasper Focal stone is 40mm x 14mm (at its center).
- Rectangular Picture Jasper stones are 11mm x 10mm.
- The Picture Jasper Rondelles are 10mm and 7mm.
- The drum-shaped basket weave African Brass beads 22mm long; the center of the bead is approximately 11mm.
- Bali round beads are 10mm.
- Beaded Bali spacers are 10mm.
Picture Jasper is characterized by its unique banding and flow patterns in brown, tan, and cream in a combination that creates a beautiful mountain or desert panorama. The patterns are created by petrified or silicate mud and occasional dendritic inclusions. Many cultures revere this stone a containing hidden messages from the past. Picture Jasper can be found in a variety of colors, each one having its own trade name—depending on where it is found. There are the vibrant blues and greens of Australian Picture Jasper, the subtle teals, browns, and reds of Owyhee Oregon Picture Jasper... and many more... Brown Picture Jasper is the most common.