This Tektite Necklace is an Exotic Gift from the Stars (BLK-011)
This unusual and awesome necklace is composed of rough black Tektite, and complemented by a handwrought carved Bronze Pendant that reminded Miriam of a starburst. Tektite is believed to be the product of meteorites that have crashed on Earth. Tektite is similar in composition and appearance to volcanic glass, such as Obsidian, with colors generally ranging from black to deep green. Highly polished Tektite, which is transparent and shows up its green nature in the sunlight, is often called Moldavite. An older, and less popular theory, is that Tektite particles result when a huge meteoroid or asteroid collides with the moon. The molten debris from the collision is thrown so forcefully from the moon, it eventually solidifies, and is drawn down to the Earth’s surface by gravity.
- Length of the necklace is 19.25 inches, including the textured Old World Bronze™ clasp.
- The Old World Bronze™ Pendantdangles two inches, and is 34mm wide at the top, graduating to 50mm wide at the bottom.
- The abstract shapes of the Tektite stones range from 22mm to 39mm, and are 6-10mm thick.
- The bronze faceted accent beads are 6mm in diameter, and are also Old World Bronze™.
- Hand-rolled, tiny African bronze accent beads are also used.
- The necklace is strung on a strong, but flexible, 0.024-in 49-strand, metallic bronze nylon covered stainless steel beading wire.
Old World Bronze™ beads are artistically handcrafted utilizing an age-old, lost wax method and bronze formula developed by the Charveaux family of Scottsdale, Arizona. The luster and patina of the bronze beads as they age are more beautiful than gold!
Matching Earrings and Bracelet available by Custom Order. Miriam has a great collection of Tektite beads. Custom-designed necklaces are also available. Contact us for details and a free estimate.