Red Creek Jasper Necklace is a Magnificent Work of Wearable Art (RED-003)
Dominated by three amazing focal stones of deep-to-bright rusty reds and red oranges, rich greens, and stunning golden yellows, this one-of-a-kind Red Creek Jasper Necklace is "Southwest Chic" at its finest! Add the sculpted handwrought bronze accents and clasp, and you have a unique necklace that makes a bold statement and is sure to get attention! Miriam used Old World Bronze(TM) to accent the deep beautiful tones of the three pendant stones. Like all Miriam's necklaces, this exceptional piece is one-of-a-kind.Truly a unique work of art.
- Total Necklace length is 19.5 inches, including the handmade and sculpted bronze clasp.
- The center marquise-shaped pendant stone measures 54mm x 16mm.
- Two oval pendant stones approximately 47mm x 11mm.
- Red Creek Jasper sticks that form the necklace are gently graduated, measuring 34mm at the center to 20mm towards the clasp, and are approximately 7mm thick.
- The two sculpted and hand wrought "twigs" are 23mm long.
- Six round beads are antique gold-plated brass.
- The necklace is strung on a strong but flexible 0.024-inch, 49-strand, nylon-coated stainless steel beading wire.
Red Creek Jasper (also called Cherry Creek Jasper) comes from the Cherry Creek Mine in Mainland China. It was named for the creek that flows through the area where this gorgeous stone was first discovered. Each stone has an amazing coloration of varied combinations of tans and browns, shades of red, golden yellow, teal, and sage greens —all swirled between a dark lightning-strike random pattern—similar to Picasso Jasper. In fact, Red Creek Jasper is sometimes referred to as Picasso Jasper. (Miriam prefers to reserve use of the term Picasso Jasper to Black & Gray stones.)
Each Old World BronzeTM bead is handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and a bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.