Orange Sodalite and Bronze Necklace is Classic, Bold and Beautiful. (BLU-004)
For the person who dares to be bold, the natural and beautiful colors of this 21.5-inch substantive Orange Sodalite necklace makes a strong statement. Chunky bronze accents and the large, 12mm stones add to its attention-getting and dramatic features. Although Sodalite is found all over the world, the natural Orange Sodalite Miriam used for this beautiful necklace was mined in Brazil.
- Full length of the necklace is 21.5 inches, including the handcrafted bronze clasp.
- Each round Orange Sodalite stone is 12mm.
- Old World Bronze™ textured & chunky beads are 10mm long and composed of a 9mm square in the center of two 12mm round disks.
- The end saucer and round beads are antique gold-plated metal.
- Necklace is strung on an antique bronze-colored flexible 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
Orange Sodaliteis a variety of the traditional Blue Sodalite, discovered in 1806 in Greenland. This lovely stone became more popular as an ornamental stone in 1891, when large deposits were found in Ontario, Canada. On a visit to Ontario, Princess Patricia chose Sodalite as the interior decoration for Marlborough House in England - and 130 tons of stone were quarried and shipped to England. Sodalite can be grey, yellow, orange, or pink.However, for gemstone use, Sodalite is typically varied shades of blue, and most often recognized by its white calcite veins. A rare form of Sodalite, Hackmanite (found in Afghanistan), is a translucent crystal found in grey to violet. The color varies with the sunlight. This unusual phenomenon is called tenebrescence – when a mineral changes color when exposed to sunlight – just like eyeglasses that darken in sunlight and lighten indoors.
*Miriam used Old World Bronze™beads and claspthat are handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.