Madagascar Mica in Shades of Brown, Peach, White and Black is Amazing! (EAR-005)
These exceptional natural Madagascar Mica “Stones” are a beautiful shade of brown with white, black and peach quartz inclusions. Lush textured round handwrought bronze provide the perfect accent!In researching the origin and components of this strikingly beautiful stone, Miriam learned that Madagascar is the only country where the mica component is included along with Quartz, Feldspar and Dacite, hence its name: Madagascar Mica Quartz. Some vendors refer to the reddish-brown variety simply as Dacite. So far as Miriam can determine, a black & gray version of this stone is referred to as Andesite--and the two names, Dacite and Andesite, are generally (and incorrectly) used interchangeably, whether the stones are reddish-brown or black-gray!
- Full length of the necklace is 18 inches, including the beautiful bronze clasp.
- The round puffed discsare 30mm in diameter and the round stones are 10 mm.
- The handwrought, textured bronze discs are 16 mm in diameter and 6 mm deep.
- Clasp is also handwrought bronze.
- The small spacers are antique gold-plated brass.
- The necklace is strung on a strong antique metallic brass-colored flexible 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece. Miriam used Old World Bronze™, which is handwrought using an old world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Miriam has a remarkable private collection of Madagascar Mica in a variety of unusual shapes and sizes. Contact us for a Free Estimate and have Miriam design a necklace just for you!