Stylish Green Jade Necklace with Distinctive Bronze Beading (GRN-007)
Miriam used Handcrafted Bronze Beads Miriam to add a distinctive and stylish expression to this unique Green Jade, one-of-a-kind statement piece. The Natural Green Nephrite Jade has a slightly crystalline grainy appearance, and interesting black spots or veins, all features found in natural Nephrite. The green-to-black inclusions are thought to be chlorite, iron or pyrite, or a combination.
- Full length of the necklace is 18.5 inches, including the handwrought bronze clasp.
- There are six double-square and beaded bronze focal beads that are 0.25 inches square.
- The 11 pillowed (puffed) natural jade rectangles measure 1 x ¾ inches each.
- Spacers are Old World Bronze (textured discs), Sterling Silver rounds, and African rolled brass beads.
- The necklace is strung on a strong antique metallic brass-colored flexible 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
The stones Miriam used to create this necklace are from British Columbia, Canada. British Columbia is home to half of the world’s jade, and much of the best quality Jade in the world.In fact, Jade is the national stone of British Columbia. Miriam used Old World Bronze™. Each bronze bead is handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.