Green Jade Necklace with Uniquely Carved Sterling Silver Sunflowers (GRN-006)
This Lovely Green Jade “Sunflower” Necklace shows translucent and opaque qualities. It has a slightly crystalline grainy appearance, and interesting black spots or veins, all features found in natural Nephrite. The green-to-black inclusions are thought to be chlorite, iron or pyrite, or a combination.
- Full length of the necklace is 21.25 inches, including the elegant beaded clasp. (A close-up photo of the clasp is shown.)
- There are three beautifully carved Sterling Silver “Sunflower” frames measuring 5/8 inches in diameter. (See close-up photo.)
- Inserted into each frame is a beaded sterling disc measuring 5/16 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick.
- An additional eight beaded sterling discs are used as spacers, along with small sterling silver rounds
- The 16 puffed natural jade rectangles are 1 x ¾ inches.
- The necklace is strung on a strong but flexible 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
The stones Miriam used to create this necklace are from British Columbia, Canada. British Columbia is home to half of the world’s jade, and much of the best quality Jade in the world.In fact, Jade is the national stone of British Columbia. The Sterling Silver beads Miriam selected add a distinctive and whimsical expression to this unique, one-of-a-kind necklace. The round “beaded”sterling beads are Turkish silver, which combines with the Finely Carved Sterling “Sunflower” Frames to enhance the artistic appeal of the necklace.