Elegant Green Jade Necklace with Lush Bronze Focal Beads (GRN-005) Sold
This stunning Green Jade Necklace shows translucent and opaque qualities, a slightly crystalline grainy appearance, and interesting black spots or veins, all features found in natural Nephrite.The green-to-black inclusions are thought to be chlorite, iron or pyrite, or a combination. The bronze beads Miriam selected add a distinctive artistic expression to this unique, one-of-kind necklace. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.
- Full length of the necklace is 22.5 inches, including the carved handwrought bronze clasp.
- There are five beautifully textured and shape bronze focal beads: The diamond-shaped beads are 6/8 x approximately 5/8 inches, and the hexagon-shaped beads are approximately 0.25 inches in diameter.
- The 16 puffed natural Nephrite rectangles are 1 x ¾ inches.
- Old World BronzeTM(textured discs) and African rolled brass beads are used as spacers.
- The necklace is strung on a strong antique metallic brass-colored flexible 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
The stones Miriam used to create this necklace are from British Columbia, Canada. British Columbia is home to half of the world’s jade, and much of the best quality Jade in the world. In fact, Jade is the national stone of British Columbia. The Bronze Miriam selected for this piece is Old World Bronze(TM). Each bead is handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona.