Bold and Elegant One-of-a-Kind Carnelian and Bronze Necklace (ORA-005)
Bold and Elegant one-of-a-kind Carnelian Necklace is a beautiful example of Miriam’s Wearable Art Jewelry. The magnificent Carnelian Pendant exhibits both opaque and translucent properties – a feature shared by the stunning round disc-shaped stones. The Bronze BeadsMiriam selected to accent the Pendant add a distinctive artistic expression to this unique, necklace. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece. Miriam used Old World Bronze™ beads that are handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Full length of the necklace is 21.25 inches, including the clasp.
- The Carnelian Pendant stone measures 40mm in diameter and is 15mm thick at its center.
- Carnelian round flat stones range from 16-18mmin diameter and 11mm thick.
- Saucer-shaped rounds are 13mm in diameter and 6mm thick at the center.
- The two triple-round bronze accent beads measure 11x14mm. Bronze spacers are 9mm.
- The handwrought S-shaped Clasp and rings are also Old World Bronze™.
- The necklace is strung on strong yet flexible 49-strand stainlesssteel wire that is nylon coated in metallic bronze.
Carnelian Onyx is a layer stone with a red base and an upper white layer. It can be either opaque or translucent, or a combination of both as shown in the stones Miriam uses. It is best known for its wide use (along with blue lapis) in ancient Egyptian jewelry, and with Turquoise in Native American jewelry. Most Carnelians are heat-treated to bring out Mother Nature’s most beautiful natural colors translucent qualities.