Brown and Red Flower Agate Necklace for Men and Women Has Textured Bronze Accents (EAR-001)
The design of this necklace could be called Boho Chic or Rustic. Either way, Miriam’s design and the stones she selected show the beautiful range of soft natural colors typical of Brown Flower Agate. The handmade textured bronze beads Miriam selected add a distinctive artistic expression to her design.
- Full length of the necklace is 18 inches, including the handwrought, carved bronze clasp.
- The center stone is a pillowed, marquise shaped, deep red flower agate with some blue-gray streaking. It measures approximately one inch long, 0.75 inches wide, and approximately 3/8 inches thick at its center.
- Six additional marquise pillowed beads are slightly smaller than the center stone and show a range of natural flower-like patterns.
- The four oval tube shaped beads in shades of brown and red, are approximately 1.5 inches long and approximately 3/8 inches in diameter at the center.
- The handwrought bronze spacer beads range from 2/8 to 3/8 inches long.
- The necklace is strung on a strong antique metallic bronze-colored 49-strand stainless steel flexible wire that is nylon coated.
- Other findings (crimps, crimp caps & jump rings) are antique bronze coated metal.
Flower Agate is a Moss Agate that shows a flower or fern-like pattern of color against a translucent background. These patterns form due to the presence of manganese and iron oxides. Colors may range from soft brown to deep red, dark to dove or blue gray, and very dark mauve or burgundy, and display both opaque and translucent areas. Miriam used Old World Bronze™ beads that are handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.