Exotic Tibetan Sandstone Necklace
Sandstone beads invoke all the mysteries of the Himalayan Mountains Desert and the beautiful red rocks of Arizona’s Grand Canyon desert settings. Because of its cream, caramel, burnt orange and brown hues, the minerals that help form Sandstone are believed to be from sand, mud, fossils and quartz composites--and the oval stones used in this designer necklace also show small amounts of mica, and remnants of petrified wood. The stones Miriam chose have been very gently hand carved with grooves to feature the black mica-containing areas, adding to their exotic look. Each stone is reversible, as shown in some of the photographs. Accent beads are Jet Stone, shiny Solid Brass, and beautiful handmade Bronze beads and clasp. Jet Stone is an organic rock that is created when pieces of woody material are buried, compacted, and then go through organic degradation.
- Length of the necklace is 18.5 inches including the bronze clasp.
- The oval Sandstones measure approximately 22mmx35mm and are 8mm thick.
- Four handmade Old World Bronze(TM) beads measure approximately 7mmx10mm. Old World Bronze TM is handwrought using ancient methods of casting bronze that have been modernized by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. Utilizing their carefully developed bronze formula, and an age-old “lost wax” method, each bronze bead is artistically designed and handcrafted.
- Accents are 4mm solid Brass discs, and 4mm Jet rondelles.
- Two 6mm Black Onyx rondelles are at each end of the strand along with 6mm solid Brass discs.
- The clasp is handwrought Old World Bronze.