Rustic Beauty of Flower Jade with Bronze (EAR-014)
Inspired by the beautiful and distinct rustic look of itsearthy neutral shades of brown, subtle green and yellow greens - Miriam created this interesting and mysterious Flower Jade necklace to be the center of attention. Striking when worn on virtually any color and for any occasion. All the necklace stones are reversible, with both sides of the pendant shown in the photos. Flower Jade is found in Japan, Myanmar, Guatemala, and North America.
- The untreated, totally natural stones are rough cut into abstract hexagons.
- Pendant stone is from a very old, antique stone collection.
- All the bronze accents were handwrought *(See below for the origins of the bronze Miriam uses).
- Necklace length is 21 inches, not included the length of the pendant.
- Pendant stone measures 50mm x 30mm and dangles approximately 1.5 inches from the necklace.
- Hexagon-shaped abstract-cut stones are untreated and gently faceted, measuring approximately 30mmx25mm.
- Nuggets are approximately 20mm x 18mm.
- Rondelles are 8mm and 4mm in depth.
What kind of Bronze does Miriam use? The S-shaped textured clasp is Old World Bronze(TM), bronze that was handwrought using ancient methods of casting that were modernized by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. Utilizing their carefully developed bronze formula, and an age-old “lost wax” method, each bronze bead is artistically designed and handcrafted. The “Peppercorn” carved accent beads were handcrafted by Anna Chernykh of ANNA Bronze. Anna lives and works in Kungur, a small town in the Ural Mountain area of Russia. She also uses an old wax casting method and the Russian technical standard of bronze known as BrOF 10-1. It contains only copper and tin, no cadmium, no lead, and no nickel.
As it ages, the rich patina of bronze is often thought to be more beautiful than gold.