Azurite-Malachite Necklace is Classic, Elegant and Distinctive (BLGR-011)
Miriam used puffed oval stones to create a cheerful, colorful, and stylish necklace that shows all the distinguishing characteristics of beautiful Azurite-Malachite. The Sterling Silver statement design is set to the side and provides a distinguishing accent to set off the unique appeal of the necklace. It is casual for day and elegant for evening. In the sunlight, some of the stones show glittering copper inclusions.
- Full length of the necklace is 20.75 inches (including the textured Sterling Silver clasp).
- The large puffed oval stones are 24mm x 17mm x 8mm.
- The smaller puffed ovals are 14mm x 10mm x 4mm.
- The unique hand-cut sterling silver frame is 25mm x 17mm.
- The smallest puffed oval inserted into the sterling silver frame is 10mm x 8mm x 4mm.
- The 4mm spacer stones are faceted Blue Lapis.
- The round sterling silver beads are 5mm.
- Sterling Silver smooth “ flat-tire” (round) accent beads are 5mm.
- The sterling silver clasp is beautifully textured.
- The necklace is strung on a strong, but flexible, 0.019-inch, 49-strand, nylon covered stainless steel beading wire.
- A blend of azurite, malachite, turquoise and chrysocolla, called "Eilat stone," is named after the Middle Eastern city of Eilat, where it was once mined. Eilat stone, also known as King Solomon's stone, is the national stone of Israel.
- Natural Azurite is porous and delicate and often difficult to cut. It should be cleaned only with a soft cloth – no chemicals, hot water nor ultrasonic cleaning. Even the soft bristles of a toothbrush may scratch the stones.
- The stones Miriam used are gently polished andclear-coated to maintain their integrity.