Romantic Pink Roses (KAZ-01)
This stunning necklace is part of Miriam’s Midnight in the Enchanted Garden. The large solid Black Onyx stones she used provide a bold contrast to the Deep Rose Pink Kazuri beads. The Kazuri beads have an iridescent mother-of-pearl ceramic glaze that enhances the multiple color glazes used to create the handmade beads. A touch of Sterling Silver completes the distinctive look of this lovely, bold yet romantic necklace. In its solid black form, Onyx is considered the most traditional black gemstone, but it is not as common as translucent varieties of onyx banded with white quartz.
- The full length of the necklace is approximately 20.75 inches, including the hammered sterling silver clasp.
- Ten Round Black Onyx beads are 20mm in diameter
- Ten Black Onyx saucers are 10mm in diameter
- Six Black Onyx round beads are also 10mm in diameter
- The seven Kazuri Irridescent Deep Rose Pink Barrels are 18mm x 21-22mm
- Four Black Onyx spacers are 6mm in diameter
- Sterling Silver beads are 10mm x 5mm
- The necklace is strung on a nylon coated0.024-inch 49-strand beading wire.
Matching Bracelet and Earrings are available by special order.
KAZURI BEADS are imported from Kenya. Kazuri is the Swahili word for "small and beautiful"... And Kazuri beads are beautiful. Lady Sarah Wood and two African women began making the colorful beads in 1975 on the lawn of Isak Dinesen's Kenyan coffee plantation, the same plantation seen by millions in the well-known movie "Out of Africa." Today, this bead business offers employment and income for more than 200 Kenyan women living near the foothills of Mt. Kenya, who are often the sole providers for their children and families. Each bead is shaped by hand from clay - fired, painted, fired and glazed, and then fired again in an electric kiln.