Extraordinary Chevron Amethyst & Silver Necklace (PUR-002)
This strikingly beautiful Chevron Amethyst Necklace shows all the natural complex characteristics of this elegant stone. The photos include a view of the center stones so you can see the beautiful features and exotic patterns and colorations of Chevron Amethyst. From the deepest opaque and regal purple, to light lilac and the palest translucent shades of mauve and lavender – amethysts often show a bluish or reddish-purple tinge when viewed from different angles. Very pale or Cape Amethysts may also show yellowish-to-beige tones and crystalline inclusions. Natural Chevron Amethysts are composed of Cape to darker amethyst and White Quartz in a striped, chevron-like pattern that reminds Miriam of lightning strikes. Amethyst deposits are found in Brazil, Madagascar, Zambia, Uruguay, Burma, India, Canada, Mexico, Namibia, Russia, Sri Lanka, and in the United States (Arizona).
- This stunning Chevron Amethyst necklace is approximately 21.25 inches long, including the cast* sterling silver clasp.
- The large round Chevron Amethyst stones are 18mm in diameter.
- The saucer-shaped Chevron stones are 16mm in diameter with a depth of approximately 7mm.
- Dark Lavender Amethysts spacer stones are 6.5mm in diameter.
- Sterling Silver spacers are 10mm in diameter. They are concave in the centers, with a depth of 5.5mm.
- The necklace is strung on a nylon-coated, 0.024-inch, 49-strand strong but flexible beading wire.
*What is “cast silver?” Cast silver pieces are made in a hollow mold, often intricately shaped, which is filled with liquid metal and then cooled. The process is quite arduous. After the silversmith pours the liquid silver into the mold, they make sure there are no bubbles in the mixture that might damage the structural stability or mar the aesthetics of the finished product. It then is cooled and solidify. Once it is set, the bead (or clasp in this case) is remove it from the mold and carefully finished to smooth any rough edges.
Matching Bracelet and Earrings are available by Special Order.