Chevron Amethyst Marquise Necklace (PUR-001)
Chevron Amethyst is a natural gemstone of Amethyst and White Quartz in a striped, chevron-like pattern. It is also named Dog Teeth Amethyst because of its resemblance to a flower, the Dog Tooth Violet. Miriam photographed this lovely necklace so you can see its beautiful transparency as well as its opaque areas. The colors vary from pale lavender to a very deep violet, set off by the white quartz and pale beige and transparent areas.
- Full length of the necklace is 20.25 inches
- The marquise-shaped stones are 1.25 x 0.75 inches.
- The marquise stones are separated by delicate and transparent Lavender Amethyst rounds.
- The four smaller carved Chevron Amethysts are approximately 5/8 x 3/8 inches.
- The necklace is strung on a flexible but strong, stainless steel, nylon-coated beading wire
- A graceful carved Sterling Silver clasp and beads complete this lovely necklace.
Like all Miriam's Necklaces, this is a one-of-a-kind design.
Natural Chevron Amethysts are composed of Cape to darker amethyst and White Quartz in a striped, chevron-like pattern that reminds Miriam of lightning strikes. Amethyst deposits are found in Brazil, Madagascar, Zambia, Uruguay, Burma, India, Canada, Mexico, Namibia, Russia, Sri Lanka, and in the United States (Arizona).