Stunning Colors of the Painted Desert Draw Attention to this Necklace for Women and Men (EAR-022)
The beauty of Painted Desert is the only way to describe the vibrant reds and gentle shades of the Jasper beads Miriam used to create a necklace that can be worn for any occasion. The swirling soft shades of browns, grays, taupes and deep reds of natural Jasper form unique patterns on each bead. The carved hand-wrought “Lace” Bronze Beads add to the uniqueness of the necklace. The smaller accent beads are mixed Jaspers, Mojave Agate, handwrought bronze, and sterling silver. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.
- Full length of the necklace is 19 inches, including the handwrought bronze clasp.
- Each of the 10 puffed pyramid-shaped stones measures 30mm x 10 mm.
- The round lace-carved bronze center bead is a8mm in diameter.
- Smaller bronze lace-carved beads are 10mm diameter.
- The small spacers are Bali Silver.
- The clasp is also handwrought textured bronze.
- The necklace is strung on a strong antique metallic brass-colored flexible 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
Miriam used Old World Bronze(TM). Each bead is handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and a bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona.
What is PaintedDesert Jasper?Miriam discovered the Jasper used in this necklace while digging through strands of beads at a bead shop in Arizona. “I have yet to identify these stones, but some of them reminded me so much of the Arizona Desert and the beautiful Red Rocks of Sedona – that I just had to design several necklaces. I’m still trying to locate more of these stones and to name them properly! For now, I've classified them on this website as a MultiStone and Mysterious Jasper.”