Unique Carved Bronze Pendants Enhances the Beauty of Owyhee Oregon Picture Jasper (EAR-017)
Miriam designed this inspired necklace using Owyhee Oregon Picture Jasper with a series of unique bronze pendants. Close-Up photos show the fronts and backs of the carved bronze. Each stone shows its natural rustic characteristics--with a different pattern of the soft earthy colors of clay, teal, sage, brick, and sand. Miriam blended the softly faceted nuggets with artistically shaped handwrought bronze to create a necklace for her Southwestern Chic Collection~Beautiful colors of the desert complemented by the lovely patina of handwrought bronze. Wearable Art at its finest! Owyhee Picture Jasper is mined from three sources in the Owyhee mountain area, situated on the Idaho-Oregon border: the LED, Wildhorse and Rocky Butte mines.
- Full length of the necklace is 19 inches, including the beautiful bronze clasp.
- Oregon Jasper nuggets measure 13mm x 12mm, and are approximately 8mm thick.
- The Mixed Jasper sticks are 7mm to 15mm long.
- The longer center Bronze focal pendant measures approximately 35mm
- The four shorter Bronze pendants are approximately 23mm.
- Small accent and spacer beads are various jaspers, agates, and metal that complement the major beading.
- The necklace is strung on a strong antique metallic brass-colored flexible 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
More About Oregon Jasper: This colorful and popular picture jasper is thought to derive its name from the Owyhee River. Classically cut Owyhee Jasper is known for its sharp scenic patterns with and without the beautiful teal blue sky, as well as its variety of other colorations. The cut stones Miriam selected are probably of the Wildhorse and Rocky Butte varieties and are shaped and faceted to show the full spectrum of the area’s luxurious and distinctive colors —including the lovely teal blue.
Miriam used Old World Bronze(TM). Each bead is handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.