Owyhee Oregon Picture Jasper Necklace with Carved Bronze Pendant ~ For Men and Women (EAR-016)
This Owyhee Oregon Picture Jasper necklace is part of Miriam’s Southwestern Chic Collection. Each stone shows its natural rustic characteristics, with a different pattern of the soft earthy colors of clay, teal, sage, brick, and sand. Miriam blended these gently faceted nuggets with mixed jasper and agate roundelles with a carved bronze pendant. The back of the pendant has a different and unique carved pattern. Photos show close-ups of both sides to the pendant.The bronze clasp that Miriam selected blends perfectly with the lovely rustic colortones of the beautiful stones. Owyhee Picture Jasper is mined from three sources in the Owyhee mountain area, situated on the Idaho-Oregon border: the LED, Wildhorse and Rocky Butte mines.
- Full length of the necklace is 17.5 inches, including the reversible bronze clasp.
- The Mixed Jasper sticks are 7mm to 15mm long.
- The Bronze Pendant measures 31mm including the bail.
- Small accent and spacer beads are various jaspers and agates that complement the nuggets beading.
- The necklace is strung on a strong antique metallic brass-colored flexible 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
More About Oregon Jasper: This colorful and popular picture jasper is thought to derive its name from the Owyhee River. Classically cut Owyhee Jasper is known for its sharp scenic patterns with and without the beautiful teal blue sky, as well as its variety of other colorations. The cut stones Miriam selected are probably of the Wildhorse and Rocky Butte varieties and are shaped and faceted to show the full spectrum of the area’s luxurious and distinctive colors – including the lovely teal blue.
Miriam used Old World Bronze(TM). Each bead is handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.