Owyhee Oregon Picture Jasper Nugget and Bronze Necklace for Men or Women (EAR-015)
If you’re looking for a dash of Southwestern Flair--this Owyhee Oregon Picture Jasper necklace is just for you. Each stone shows its natural rustic characteristics, with a different pattern of the soft earthy colors of clay, teal, sage, brick, and sand. Miriam blended these gently faceted nuggets with mixed jasper and agate roundelles, and bronze, to add an attractive and unique touch to this necklace. Suitable for men and women. The bronze beads and clasp thatMiriam selected add a distinctive artistic expression to this unique, one-of-kind necklace. Owyhee Picture Jasper is mined from three sources in the Owyhee mountain area, situated on the Idaho-Oregon border: the LED, Wildhorse and Rocky Butte mines.
- Full length of the necklace is 17 inches, including the beautiful bronze clasp.
- The Oregon Jasper nuggets measure 13mm x 11-12 mm, and are approximately 8mm thick.
- The center stone is a bit larger and wider.
- Bronze accent beads have a diameter of approximately 7-8mm.
- Smaller mixed jasper and agate beads complement the major beading.
- The necklace is strung on a strong antique metallic brass-colored flexible 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated.
More About Oregon Jasper: This colorful and popular picture jasper is thought to derive its name from the Owyhee River. Classically cut Owyhee Jasper is known for its sharp scenic patterns with and without the beautiful teal blue sky, as well as its variety of other colorations. The cut stones Miriam selected are probably of the Wildhorse and Rocky Butte varieties and are shaped and faceted to show the full spectrum of the area’s luxurious and distinctive colors – including the lovely teal blue.
Miriam used Old World Bronze(TM). Each bead is handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.