Exotic Black and Red Botswana Agate Necklace (RED-010)
This spectacular necklace is crafted with deep black and dark to light red Botswana Agate – most stones showing the beautiful Agate translucency. Some of the bands are transparent, allowing a fascinating view inside the structure of the stone.The ornate Bronze embellishments have Black Onyx inserts to add further interest to this bold statement piece. Each unique stone Miriam selected for this necklace displays the maximum array and richness of color and patterns—and is carefully positioned by Miriam to create a striking and wearable art treasure. Like most of Miriam's necklaces, this one-of-kind work is reversible!
- Full length of the necklace is 19 inches, including the textured bronze clasp.
- The 13 faceted Botswana “Diamonds” are approximately one-inch square and more than 0.25 inches thick at the center.
- Two Black Onyx round stones are 6/8 inches in diameter.
- The ornate Old World Bronze™ beads are approximately one inch long and 0.5 inches wide at the center.
- Faceted Black Onyx beads separate each Botswana Agate stone.
- The necklace is strung on a flexible but strong, antique bronze stainless steel, nylon-coated beading wire.
Botswana Agate is considered "Agate Royalty" because of its unique patterns and distinct and circular banding, as well as the intense contrasts between the bands.This beautiful stone is found in a variety of natural colors—all showing fine and parallel lines in swirling patterns that only nature can create. When very dark, white, and clear agate bands form closely together, they create a shadow effect known as "paralax." Botswana Agate is found in the Mashatu area, as well as along the Limpopo River riverbed, which runs near the border of Botswana and South Africa. Miriam's Collection of stones includes several color varieties. Other examples of Botswana Agate might show delicate shades of grey, mauve, peach, taupe, and pearly creams. Some are tan, grey, brown, mahogany, pink, and white. Yellow Botswana displays delicate bands of golden to pale yellow and cream, with a hint of orange. Yellow, green, and lilac Botswana Agate is extremely rare. Miriam's Private Gemstone Collection includes just enough rareYellow Botswana Agate for ONE custom designed necklace and earrings set. Contact us for a free estimate!