Yellow Moss Dendritic Necklace with Bronze Wire-Wrapped Pendant (YEL-013)
A unique Yellow Moss & Dendritic Agate Necklace with a Bronze Wire-Wrapped “Donut-shaped” Pendant will light up your day. The necklace is composed of natural Yellow Dendritic Agate in various pyramid-shaped sizes, showing all the colorations and texture of this beautiful semiprecious gemstone. Each stone of this attention-getting piece shows its natural rustic characteristics, with a different pattern of branch or fern-like markings called dendrites— formations of iron or manganese oxide inclusions that crystallize within the stone. The actual term dendrite comes from the Greek 'Dendron', meaning “tree.” The bronze beads Miriam selected add a distinctive artistic expression to this unique, one-of-kind necklace. The bale, designed by Miriam, is a combination of antique bronze wire* plus an Old World Bronze™ bead.
- The full length of the necklace is 25 inches, including the handmade bronze clasp.
- Pendant stone is a pillowed, donut shaped natural yellow moss-dendritic agate measuring 1.75 inches in diameter base, and approximately 0.25 inches thick.
- Clasp and spacer beads are also bronze.
- The necklace is strung on a strong antique metallic bronze-colored 49-strand stainless steel wire that is nylon coated. It is flexible, but slightly more firm
- in order to maintain the shape of the necklace and hold the weight of the Pendant.
- *The wire used to wrap the Pendant is a high quality, permanently antique bronze-colored copper wire that is 100% lead and nickel free.
Miriam used Old World Bronze™ beads and clasp, which are handcrafted using an old-world wax method, and an exclusive bronze recipe developed by the Charveaux family of metalsmiths in Scottsdale, Arizona. As it ages, bronze develops a beautiful patina that enhances the individual character of each piece.